View a snippet of Student Orientation Leader Anthony Hyland’s inspirational poem for the Class of 2015.
Voorhees College Student Government Association President Kemar Hunter speaks on the impact that Voorhees College has had on his life during the 2nd Annual President’s Scholarship Gala held April 9 at the Charleston Place Hotel in Charleston, S.C. Click on the link below.
Voorhees College has several presenters planned for National Library Week, which is April 11-15. For the schedule of presenters, please click on the link below.
Join Voorhees in celebrating its 2011 Founder’s Day. To see a complete listing of the 2011 Founder’s Week activities, please click the link below.
The Office of Alumni Affairs asks that all alumni take the time to complete the survey below.
The Voorhees College Choir will hold its annual Christmas concert on Tuesday, December 7 at 6 p.m. in Massachusetts Hall Auditorium. This event is free and open to the public. The annual Christmas tree lighting will follow the concert. For more information, contact Teesa Brunson, communications director, at 803-780-1194 or at email@example.com.
Voorhees College now offers secure electronic PDF delivery of official academic transcripts. These transcripts will be ready for secure electronic delivery for recipients within 24 business hours after receipt of the request.
For academic records prior to 1990, additional processing time is required; therefore, electronic delivery will be within 32 business hours.
Normal processing time for postal mail and hold for pickup options is within 5-7 business days.
Voorhees College’s policy prohibits issuing transcripts to any student indebted to the college.
Please see the instructions below for requesting and ordering electronic PDF transcripts.
Requesting official PDF transcripts:
ONLINE: (Secure Electronic PDF Transcripts sent via Email)
- Electronic PDF Transcripts are $20.00 per recipient.
- It is the responsibility of the requestor to verify with the recipient that the transcript can be accepted as a PDF document.
Please read our Electronic PDF Transcript FAQS along with the information below before placing an order for your transcript.
Ordering electronic PDF transcript from Voorhees College:
· Access www.voorhees.edu (click on the Registrar’s tab, choosing transcripts)
· Select National Student Clearinghouse.
· Follow the instructions for placing your transcript request order, including the completion of a consent form, delivery options and fees.
· Transcripts are e-mailed to the recipient in the form of a secure certified PDF.
· A valid email address for the recipient is required.
· Voorhees College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide PDF transcripts that are secured by a digital certificate that ensures that the transcript has been prepared and delivered by Voorhees College’s Office of Records & Registration and is original and unaltered.
· The recipient must have Adobe Reader 6.04 or higher installed on their computer to access the transcript.
· The recipient will have 15 days and three opportunities to access and to retrieve your transcript after receiving the email. You will be allowed to print the document once, and view the document two additional times.
· Delivered transcript(s) that have not been downloaded by the recipient prior to the expiration date cannot be resent. A new transcript request and fee will have to be submitted.
· You will receive email updates regarding your order and will be able to access the status of your order online at your convenience.
The Spring/Summer issue of The Voorhees Voice Magazine will be published this month!
However, due to the downturn in the economy and fiscal restraints, the Office of Communications can no longer provide free copies of the magazine to the thousands of alumni and friends we serve. As a courtesy, we will post portions of the magazine on the College website.
Please visit www.voorhees.edu for more information.
To that end, if you would like to continue receiving a hardcopy of THE VOORHEES VOICE, we encourage you to contact us and subscribe to the magazine for only $30 a year. Your subscription will help us reduce printing costs and continue to provide you with a quality college magazine to enjoy and update you on events happening at Voorhees!
To subscribe to The Voorhees Voice Magazine, please mail a check or money order in the amount of $30 to:
Office of Communications
P.O. Box 678
Denmark, SC 29042
Attn: Voice Annual Subscription
You can also visit us online at www.voorhees.edu/give to make your payment. You will receive a copy of the magazine twice annually.
NOTE: BE SURE TO INDICATE THAT YOUR PAYMENT IS FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION TO THE VOICE MAGAZINE.
Voorhees graduate, Lenny F. Springs II, has been appointed to President Obama’s administration joining Financial Student Aid (FSA) as Senior Advisor to the Chief Operating Officer for Traditionally Under-Resourced Schools. For the full article, click here.